Oh boy oh boy oh boy — my first tagging! Thanks to the lovely Brandi over at Silver Pencils for thinking of little ol’ Claremont Road as a fabulous blog.
1. I am completely addicted to my staple snack: Triscuits and whipped cream cheese (Philadelphia brand, of course). It’s actually a little dangerous…. I’ll get out the respective packages and a little knife and set up a nice little spot on the coffee table for my snack, and ten minutes later, it’s like the Triscuit bandit has made away with all of the crackers. I devour them and don’t even realize it. There have been many nights where this snack has become my dinner. It’s a little pathetic.
2. I LOVE celebrity gossip. So far I haven’t talked about it much on this blog, but don’t be fooled: People.com is like the mother ship calling me home. When I have to explain my love of celebrity gossip to someone who just doesn’t get it, it usually comes down to this: the screwed up, wacky lives of celebrities make me feel normal. I do draw the line at the crazy tabloids that obviously report false “news” (InTouch, Star, etc.), and I don’t really follow Perez Hilton because he’s just a little too mean for me, but give me the lowdown on so-and-so’s divorce proceedings or whatshername’s big family drama, and I feel a little bit better about my average Jane life.
3. I have been married for four months and I still read Weddingbee daily (okay, okay… several times a day). I can’t help it. It’s like I’m deserting an old friend if I leave! There’s just something about the community, diversity, and openness of the ladies there that keeps me wanting more.
4. This is more of a past obsession, but I used to be absolutely hooked on Friends. When the show first started, I was a freshman in high school, and I was immediately obsessed. I used to tape it every single week (yes, with a VCR) and when I went away to college my mom would tape it for me every week so I could catch up when I came home (I pretty much lived at the design studio in college and wasn’t in my dorm to watch it). Even though I now own all of the seasons on DVD, it was still a little sad to finally throw away all of the VHS tapes a few years ago. I still love watching Friends anytime I catch it in syndication, and I quote it constantly.
5. I love potatoes in all forms. I do not discriminate against any potato. If you are a potato and you are ready to be eaten, I will eat you. Damnit, now I want a potato.